Announcements!





Monday, October 26, 2009

Coming home

I'm going to be heading home today - possibly checking my email tonight. I'm sure we had a great time, but please give me a week or so before begging off pictures. I'm going to work tomorrow because I'm absolutely nuts.

So, today, I wanted to do some fun love-centered stuff to deal with books. I had a ton of great suggestions from people when I asked what to do post-wise for over my wedding weekend.

So, first of all, I want to celebrate some of my favorite books that deal with love and growing up - seeing as marriage is a rite of passage.

Here's how it breaks down:
1.
Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer
2. Dangerous Angels by Francesca Lia Block
3. Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce
4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
5. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
6. Aurelia by Anne Osterlund
7. Tiger Moon by Antonia Michaelis
8. Beastly by Alex Flinn
9. Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn
10. I, Coriander by Sally Gardner

I'm very weird about my romances. I like my female characters strong and able to resist the men that love them - at least until they realize they love them back. All of these books have some satisfying romance in them - twists that make the story what it is. If you haven't heard of some of these, I suggest you look into them.


Next, I want to ask you guys some questions... we had a really nice backyard wedding, with a cake and punch reception and our honeymoon only 3 hours away in a cute historic town - staying in our own 1 bedroom villa.

If you were getting married, or were able to redo your wedding you already had...

What would be your dream wedding?

What would be your dream honeymoon?

Do you have colors in mind? (Ours were cream, burnt orange, and brown)


Also, please share your favorite books that deal with romance, love and life journeys...

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, my wedding was perfect for me and my husband. The only thing I'd change was that fact that we didn't get a good video. My color was a deep purple, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to marry in winter... or in some palce where it snows! I would look so beautiful, but it would be a mess too :)

    The first book seems great.. Beastly is one of my favourites retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a warm weather wedding. All I care about is great music and great food. Glad you enjoyed your day! And I definitely have the same taste in romances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about this forever, but the only one I can really think of is The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle. Really, read it. I love it (and Marak almost makes me want to be married to a goblin king).

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!