Announcements!





Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankfully Reading Weekend

I was planning on getting some serious reading done and then saw this cool weekend reading event on my google reader! So, I'm officially partaking in the Thankfully Reading Weekend.

Thanksgiving was great yesterday. We blew off the big huge family get-together and my parents invited my in-laws over and my uncle and we had a smaller 10 person Thanksgiving. It was great and I can't wait to host Christmas Eve at my new apartment with the same people.

Hopefully between reading sessions I'll find time to start working on Christmas decorations. :-D

I'm starting out this reading weekend with The Dark Divine by Bree Despain. I'm about 250 pages in, so I should finish it by mid-afternoon. After I finish, I plan to read the following this weekend:

The Pillowbook of Lotus Lowenstein by Libby Schmais
Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert
Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta (audiobook)
Some short Capstone books
Beautiful Dead by Eden Maguire
The Espressologist by Kristina Springer
The Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading by Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance
Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Alright, I've got a bunch of stuff to do this weekend too, so we'll see what I get to... I'm really excited to get a ton of reading done as well though!

12 comments:

  1. Great list! Hope you get a lot done. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. Mine was nice and quiet--just my husband and I. We went out for dinner--so nice not having to cook (something I'm not fond of doing) or clean up!

    Looks like you're all set for this weekend! I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had dinner with friends yesterday. Today I'm making a turkey just for us!

    You have a nice reading list going, but remember: no stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a long list! =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab list. I hope you get lots of reading done. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. I am hoping to get our decorations up too this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving Dinner, good company & good food!
    That's quite a list of great books! Enjoy your weekend & Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I've finished one book so far for Thankfully reading and I'm hoping to get three or four more read and reviewed by the end of the weekend. I'm glad you had a relaxing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Ambitious!

    I'm hoping to finish any two of the five I've set aside for this weekend.

    Stop by my blog if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list of books. I want to read Sea Glass too. Hate List is such an awesome book and I loved The Dark Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I have a book list like that too, but I have only managed one book so far (and hopefully one more by the end of the day).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hate List was sooo good. I hope you can get to it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!