Announcements!





Thursday, January 7, 2010

Joey Fly, Private Eye in Creepy Crawly Crime (Graphic Novel)


Joey Fly, Private Eye in Creepy Crawly Crime
by Aaron Reynolds

Summary:
Joey Fly is a private detective that solves local crimes. He decides to give young Sammy Stingtail a chance at being his assistant. The problem is that he's always knocking things over and making rude remarks to some of his customers. When a butterfly reports her expensive pencil box missing, he lets Sammy help him with the case. Will Sammy be more in the way than he will be of help?

Review:
I love when graphic novels combine an element of older literature and make it more funny by using bugs as characters. I love the repertoire between Joey and Sammy in this book. Hilarious. Joey is very much the classic detective and Sammy is a loud kid who doesn't always seem to understand the word "finesse". The actual mystery is well-done and basic, with some good twists (but obvious ones) like a good mystery should have.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one and I may look for other Joey Fly graphic novels to read for fun and maybe to purchase for my school library.

Recommended for 4th grade and up.

Buy it on Amazon*
Find it on Goodreads
Find it on LibraryThing
Find it on Shelfari


*If you buy this book on Amazon through the link above, I will receive a small portion of the sales.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much for graphic novels, but I could make an exception for this :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!