Announcements!





Friday, January 29, 2010

Lost Worlds by John Howe

Lost Worlds
by John Howe

Summary (from Goodreads.com):
From the world of Aratta and Mohenjo-Daro to Atlantis and Camelot, this visually stunning book is a window with a view that takes readers on an historical, archaeological, and mythological journey through lost worlds, those abandoned in time, buried and forgotten, and the ones that live in the imagination. Attempting to put the most plausible pieces of history together, John Howe, concept artist for The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, begins the journey that will move readers to explore these lost worlds even further.

Review:
This book is spectacular. The illustrations are out of this world and the background behind each of the lost worlds is eye-opening. The entries alternate from a story-like tale to a more non-fiction type writing that gives you a great deal of history and information about these worlds that may or may not have existed. Definitely a book I will reread again and keep in my collection. Visually stunning. If you love to learn about a combination of history and fantasy, you will enjoy this book immensely.

Buy it on Amazon*
Find it on Goodreads
Find it on LibraryThing
Find it on Shelfari

*If you buy this book on Amazon through the link above, I will receive a small portion of the sales.
**A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo - I'm adding this one to my wishlist! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love books like this so I'm going to have to see if I can get my hands on it and the cover is gorgeous by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks so cool! Thanks for sharing-I hadn't seen it around yet.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!