So, I've seen this survey popping up EVERYWHERE, so I decided to take part. :) This was brought to you by The Perpetual Page Turner.
1. Best book of 2010? Reckless by Cornelia Funke - I just love the that woman writes and I wish I had gone and met her when she was in town. I actually gifted this to my coworker for Christmas because I loved it so much.
2. Worst book of 2010? Ginger High by Melissa Burmester. Not to be mean, but honest - this book should not have been published. A lot of the characters just had names, no actual descriptions and the plot was all over the place.
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? Evermore by Alyson Noel. This was a reread for me and I can't say why I liked it the first time, but this second time around... I realized I couldn't stand the characters and a plot based around one of those "he loves me, he loves me not" type plots. I won't be reading on in the series.
4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? Little Black Lies by Tish Cohen. I really thought I would hate this book, but ended up loving it. It's one of those contemporary YA novels that looked semi-appealing so I took a shot at reading it and loved it.
5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull (mostly to my students.. I LOVE that series).
6. Best series you discovered in 2010? Incarceron blew me away and I was lucky to have a copy of Sapphique right after I read it - so completely awesome.
7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010? Too many to count.. a few are Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Catherine Fisher, Rachel Hawkins, Violet Harberdasher.. and a bazillion more.
8. Most hilarious read of 2010? The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin by Josh Berk. Loved it. :)
9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder - one of the few e-books I got read this year. :)
10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?
Those two are some of faves.
12. Most memorable character in 2010? Claudia from Incarceron and Sapphique.
13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? I'm not much into beautifully written books.. but, I'd have to go with Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney, definitely blew me away and a book I'd recommend to any teen girl.
15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? Peter & Max: A Fables Novel by Bill Willingham. I got this for Xmas last year and am kicking myself that I didn't read it right then... it was SOOO good.
Book Blogging in 2010
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2010? I have quite a few, but I'll go with Pepper Ink, who reviews a lot of books and is really less known. I love that blog.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010? The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - I actually got quoted for it! :)
3. Best discussion you had on your blog? Black Friday - yes or no?
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? Blarg, I don't remember.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? Blogeista! That event nearly killed me this year - I put in so many hours and I was getting a bit loopy from staring at the computer for three days straight. But I sure got a heck of a lot done. :)
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2010? Chatting on twitter with authors and book lovers. :)
7. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.) ? Netgalley and free kindle books.