Announcements!





Monday, December 6, 2010

Zombies Vs. Unicorns


Editors: Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
Publication Date: September 21, 2010
Genre: YA Paranormal Anthology
Copy provided by: Publisher
Summary (via Goodreads):

It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths—for good and evil—of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?

Why I read this: I had to, I love stories about Unicorns and Zombies.

Stories: There is a diverse and brilliant group of writers in this anthology. Each of the stories amazed me and ranged from love stories to brutal horror stories. I loved each of the stories and it makes me wonder why I don't read more anthologies.

Dialogue: The commentary between Justine and Holly was hilarious. I was guffawing like mad and my husband gave me the "You are weird look" as I read this book. Justine was the more brutally honest, competitive commenter - one that rooted hard for the Zombies. Holly was definitely a bit nicer with her comments and even admitted that she does like zombies - a little bit. As of fan of both creatures I found it highly amusing to read.

Favorite story: This was a tough choice, but I'd have to go with Prom Night by Libba Bray.

Team Unicorn or Zombie: Still undecided - I just like both way too much to decide.

Rating: 5/5 Roses


Buy it on Amazon*
Find it on Goodreads



*If you buy this book on Amazon through the link above, I will receive a very small portion of the sales.

3 comments:

  1. It's a fun book.
    Thank you for posting the review Kristen.
    All the best,
    RKCharron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of anthologies just because they seem like such teasers. Though I'm glad it was something fun to read. I haven't read it yet but I'd have to say Unicorns! Zombies creep me out lol.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!