Announcements!





Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review: Slice of Cherry

Title: Slice of Cherry
Author: Dia Reeves
Pages: 512
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Source: ARC from Night Owl Reviews
Rate:



Description: Kit and Fancy Cordelle are sisters of the best kind: best friends, best confidantes, and best accomplices. The daughters of the infamous Bonesaw Killer, Kit and Fancy are used to feeling like outsiders, and that’s just the way they like it. But in Portero, where the weird and wild run rampant, the Cordelle sisters are hardly the oddest or most dangerous creatures around.

It’s no surprise when Kit and Fancy start to give in to their deepest desire—the desire to kill. What starts as a fascination with slicing open and stitching up quickly spirals into a gratifying murder spree. Of course, the sisters aren’t killing just anyone, only the people who truly deserve it. But the girls have learned from the mistakes of their father, and know that a shred of evidence could get them caught. So when Fancy stumbles upon a mysterious and invisible doorway to another world, she opens a door to endless possibilities….

My Thoughts: When I said that I would read this for Night Owl Reviews I didn't know that it was kind of a sequel to Bleeding Violet. I hadn't read it yet so I wanted to read it incase anything floated over to the next one. Honestly after reading Bleeding Violet it was really hard to even get myself to read Slice of Cherry.

I only found Slice of Cherry to slightly better than Bleeding Violet. It was in the same crazy town as the first one but there was still a lot going on to deal with. It did seem to focus on Kit and Fancy and there world that they keep themselves in. The sisters don't usually interact with others unless they have to. Other than that it is about killing people and the sister’s relationship.

It is the norm in this town for there to be something strange happening. Someone could be walking down the street holding a human head by the hair by their side and no one thinks anything of it for example. My problem is that there is just too much strange stuff. I feel like there should be at least a little "normal" so there can be some kind of connection to the plot or characters.

I wouldn't really recommend this or Bleeding Violet.



post signature

5 comments:

  1. Since I don't really like YA books I'll take your word for it, even though the cover is just too adorable. lol. Nice review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Bleeding Violet was awesome O.o It was dark and twisty and slightly sick, which is what makes it so unique!

    Sorry you didn't like this book, or Bleeding Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Slice of Cherry a lot especially because it was just soooooo bizarre.I feel like with Dia Reeves you either love it or hate it. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is either a love or hate kind of book along with Bleeding Violet. I loved them both since they were so weird and out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this or Bleeding Violet yet but, depending on the content, I might give them a try. BV sounded really interesting to me. Sorry you didn't like them, I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!