Announcements!





Monday, April 25, 2011

Interview with K. Ryer Breese

Today, I have with me K. Ryer Breese, author of Future Imperfect. I reviewed Future Imperfect a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.


How did all of your past occupations impact your writing?

Only indirectly. But I do believe that creative writing comes directly from experience. Throughout my working life -- whether I was doing research with severely disabled autistic children or trying to avoid being beaten to a pulp by an ex-con while working the grill at a zoo restaurant -- I kind of mentally recorded all the conversations I'd heard. All the WTF scenes I'd witnessed. These went into the mental hopper and came out, sometimes heavily distorted, on the page.


If you could have any job, real or not, what would it be?

In college I was pre-med. Still think I'd love to be a physician.


What was the best and worst thing about writing Future Imperfect?

It was cathartic. Something very honest and comfortable about it. Though at the same time I worried a lot about how it would be received. Would people get it? That worry was definitely the worst. I suppose it still is. . .


Were any of the characters in Future Imperfect based off of yourself or people close to you?

All of them. I actually "appear" in the book as someone else but I'll leave it there. . .


What's next for you writing-wise?

The sequel, PAST CONTINUOUS. Having great fun writing it.



Want to know more about K. Ryer Breese?

K. Ryer Breese lives in Denver. He’s worked as a clinical researcher, a short order chef, a film critic, a patient advocate, and a teacher. He does not, as far as he knows have an super powers but he has had three concussions.


For more info on K. Ryer, visit his sites:
-Website
-Facebook
-GoodReads



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Based on what he was drawing from, this sounds really interesting. I'm going to look into this. Thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, the author is in the book?! How cool is that :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!