Announcements!





Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Monday, What are you reading?


J.Kaye hosts this wonderful meme.

Click on titles for my reviews or more info on the book.

Okay, so I did better this week! 6 books, 3 are reviewed! (The other three I'm working on, promise!)


Read this past week:
Anastasia's Secret by Susanne Dunlap
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe
Hero-Type by Barry Lyga (review to come)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner (review to come)
My Rotten Life by David Lubar (review to come)

Currently Reading:
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban (audio)

Upcoming:
Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
Medina Hill by Trilby Keny
When the Whistle Blows by Fran Slayton
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

News:

  • The countdown has begun! I'm getting married in 12 days! Does anyone know where I can find a counter for my blog?
  • I still haven't posted about my last two author events - *cough* Yes, I'm terrible. But, today I am going to go see James Dashner. Tomorrow (Tues) I am seeing John Greene, and then Saturday I'm going to go see Stephanie Kuehnert. So maybe I'll try to catch up during this week sometime! Now that Borders has Wi-Fi - thank you Wi-Fi gods! - I may be able to blog while waiting for some of these signings.
Poll Results:
I asked you: What type of post should I schedule for my wedding day?
21% said: My fiance's first book review
18% said: Wedding themes in books I've read.
55% said: Some sort of backstory/picture slideshow of my fiance and me.
5% said: Just do a normal spotlight since it's a Saturday.

What I think I'm going to do is schedule three posts... One for Sat., Sun., Mon. for the top three choices. So, hopefully I'll start working on that this week!

Also, I asked: When is a good time to hold Maria V. Snyder week?
30% said: November 1-7
26% said: November 8-14
13% said: November 15-21
13% said: November 22-28
16% said: November 29-December 5

So, I'm pretty much going with the top one I think- first week in November. And that weekend after I will be in Monroe, MI to actually SEE Maria V. Snyder which will wrap up Maria V. Snyder week nicely.

I will have some sort of contest for some of her books and I WILL get them personalized for whoever wins that week. Also, I plan on rereading/reading ALL of her books. I may start the week before, but I'm going to post a review of one of her books Mon-Friday (seeing as she has 5 books). I'm going to work on a post where you guys can sign up to participate - whether it's reading one of her books, just simply borrowing a book from the library and posting about it.. or even WoWing her book that is up and coming.

Oh and I'll definitely have an interview with Maria - which I need to work on. Anyone have some good questions they want me to ask?

Another great week coming up - one where I'm trying NOT to stress out about wedding stuff. :-D

So, what are YOU reading?

24 comments:

  1. Fantastic books read and lined-up. I look forward to your reviews. Oh my goodness, it is almost wedding day. :)

    Mine are here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-are-you-reading-monday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of people are reading Shiver. I've never heard of it. I'll look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just 12 days to the big day!
    Wow have finished great such great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the wedding Kristen.
    I loved your review of Anastasia's Secret and Prophecy of the Sisters - adding them both to my list

    Have a great week ahead
    Here's my post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink. Looks like you had a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine to be ready for the release of fade out ^^
    Read bok 2 and 3 and i'm halfway into the 4th one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised you're still getting books read and blogs posted at all right now! Kudos! And a peremptory congrats for the big day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, 12 days! My son was married on Saturday (Oct.10th). Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOO the big day is coming up soon, I hope it's magical :-)


    I feel like I shall have to mark Maria V. Snyder week in my planner and finally get to Poison Study!

    Also, 6 books is a lot for 7 days, keep up the good work, maybe more read-a-thons will keep you on track as a reading machine :-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Even with the big day approaching, you are still reading!

    Great selections.

    Mine are at:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just at another blog who had James Dashner's mentioned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job this past week especially considering you must be busy planning your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're meeting John Green and Stephanie Kuehnert?! I'm so freakin jealous! this is when I usually wish I was from the states...
    Currently reading Prophecy of the Sisters by michelle Zink.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a busy lady! Congratulations in advance on your wedding, I'm sure it will be both beautiful and fabulous.

    I'm excited about Maria Snyder week, she's an author I've been meaning to read so I'll be interested to hear more about her books from your posts.

    Right now I'm reading Atlantis Unleashed by Alyssa Day but I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll be finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like another great week on your blog. Its so close to the big day yet you are still reading and blogging, its IMPRESSIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Give Up The Ghost looks really good, I need to get that one! I've been really into ghost stories lately for some reason.

    Congrats on the upcoming wedding, I bet you are really excited (and nervous a bit) -- it's such a neat day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good week of reads, and coming reads. I have Cleopatra's Daughter on my list too.
    12 days, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved Cleopatra's Daughter and If I Stay. Have almost finished Shiver & I'm laughing & crying, it's so good!

    Here's my Monday post

    Almost forgot here's two countdown tickers I've used:

    http://www.theweddingticker.com/
    http://www.whenismywedding.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Get this countdown ticker: http://daisypath.com/

    Really cute ones there! You'll love it :)

    Enjoy the remaining 12 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. Try not to stress out and make sure you make time for yourself to relax before the big day.

    I don't know a ticker off the top of my head but on my The Good The Bad & The Ugly Wednesday, I will be featuring three blog sites that offer great tips, tricks and general help to bloggers.

    If you get a chance in your busy schedule, stop by and check it out.
    http://cc-chronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved If I Stay! I can't wait to read your thoughts on it after you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your coming big day! Weddings are so much fun! I loved mine :) And I am so thrilled you are coming to my event!!!!! YAY!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I'm reading the third book in J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series and waiting for my copy of Shiver to arrive at my local independent bookstore so I too can FINALLY read it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I finally finished Shiver! OMG! I LOVED IT! I will never look at another book the same way again!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!