Announcements!





Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Spotlight - Book Dragon's Lair

We've got a fun book lover here, but beware, if you get near her hoard of books, she may breathe fire at you! :) I really do love her Blog name.

Name: Gina
Nickname and/or blog name: Gina Marina or Bookdragon, because books are a treasure worth protecting
Blog URL: mybookdragon.blogspot.com

Tell me a bit about yourself.
I can't remember a time when I was reading. I live in SoCal with a wonderful, and understanding, husband and the last of the kids. I read, do thread/yarn crafts, read, quilt, sew (yes, they're different), and read. :-) I like music & movies, am learning to love the gym but it is more of a love/hate relationship - Kind of like what I have with the washer and dryer.

I am not a writer but do have five works in progress. I'm much more comfortable talking about or reading books then I'm writing them but sometimes the characters won't leave me alone.

When and why did you start your blog?

My first post at the above blog was January 4, 2009. I discovered book challenges, I had several other blogs but I wanted one that would be just books. I try to limit off topic postings. Most recently it was a warning that I'd be missing in action due to my daughter's wedding, then a vacation.


What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
Books, books and more books. I'm such a book blog newbie that my paint isn't dry yet. There are several weekly events happening all over the blogosphere and I'm trying a few. One of my favorites is Teaser Tuesday - where I tease you with a taste of a current read.

I'm a new reviewer so I'm trying to get interviews from, or articles by, authors of the books sent to me.

I get so involved with the book that when I finish, I sigh, reflect and move on. Forgetting the review part! I am getting better but most of my January reads won't get reviewed, it was too long ago.

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
My profile says, "Someone once asked if I had a favorite book and I laughed. I can't even narrow it down to one favorite author..." I read almost anything but really like Romance and Young Adult. Oh, and fantasy, and cozy mysteries, and thrillers, and ... well, you get the idea.

How do you find out about the books you read?
Other blogs, emails, amazon's "you might like", just wandering around the bookstore/area, library or net. Sometimes friends & family tell me about books. Sometimes I'll see someone reading and ask about the book.


Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Read, read, read other blogs. I may have had a different address or even not been at blogger but I had already signed up for several challenges. Visit, comment, ask questions.

Update regularly with interesting/weird/funny stuff so we have a reason to visit you. Regularly doesn't need to be daily, just don't leave us hanging for weeks at a time.

Think about your audience. Do you want to be about one specific thing, will you ramble around and touch on all the things happening in your life, or maybe a combination of the two. Your address and blog title/description should reflect that.

Visit others, and comment, and they may visit you. Be friendly but know that we're a community and there are some "neighbors" who do things we may not like. Don't be one ;-) Basically, comment nice or at least own up to it. We can disagree on each others opinion or point of view but we shouldn't attack each other. You know, general good behavior kinds of things. Do what your mom said when you were the new kid on the block, "Just get out there and play". Someone will come play with you.


It's great to see some older bloggers who love YA books! Thank you Gina for sharing your blog with us today!

Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome to meet another book "reviewer" off to check out your blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!