Announcements!





Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Spotlight - A Bookful of Thoughts

Welcome to the Sunday Spotlight! I really do love finding new blogs. Before I started this feature, I would scour the YA Blogosphere or other sites to find new YA blogs to follow.

So, today I have another new blogger. A teen that would prefer if you call her J. Listen up to what her blog is all about. :)

Name: Justine (or J)
Nickname and/or blog name: A Bookful of Thoughts
Blog URL: http://abookfulofthoughts.blogspot.com/

Tell me a bit about yourself:

My name is Justine but I prefer to be known as J (for no reason). I’m a teen who absolutely loves to read teen (obviously) and young adult novels which contain a little bit of romance. Yes, I’m a sucker for romance novels and haven’t really expanded my reading interests, which I think isn’t good because trying something new is what I should be doing. (So feel free to recommend any books you’d like!) I borrow all books I read from the library even though there’s a bit of a pressure to finish the book before the due date. It isn’t a problem, however, since most of the books are really hard to put down and before you know it, you’re reading the ending.

Not only do I love reading, I also love to write fiction stories. They’re mostly about - you guessed it! - romance. I love sitting on the porch when it rains to watch the raindrops pour onto the concrete, which is...odd. My dream is to travel the world and see its fascinating places. Disney movies are love! And lastly, I’m a hopeless romantic...if you didn’t know that already.

When and why did you start your blog?

Before 'A Bookful of Thoughts', I had a blog called 'Endless Books' (since the end of July), which was hosted by Livejournal, but then I thought of how easier it would be if it was to be hosted by Blogspot (plus, Livejournal doesn't support javascript and so on). So I had to go through all these changes that required organizing my posts. It was a lot of work...but it was worth it. It's much more fun here on Blogspot!

Anyway, to answer the 'why' part of the question...When I search for books to read, I go around many book blogs to see which recommended ones I would want to read. After months of doing that and suggesting books that I love to my friends, I suddenly became inspired. I figured that if you love reading and talking about books, why not combine them together and create a book blog? Thus, a book blog of my own was born.


What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?

'A Bookful of Thoughts' is about my thoughts on the books I’ve read. Some books I review properly and the rest...well, I kind of squeal about them due to my excitement. Anyway, my blog is very new and there aren’t any new features just yet, but I am still working on that. I do, however, participate in those popular weekly features such as ‘Teaser Tuesdays’, ‘In My Mailbox’ and ‘Waiting on Wednesday’, which I think are marvellous ideas!

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?

To be quite honest, I have a ton of current favorite books. One of them is The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell, which I really, really loved. And my only favourite genre is...romance.

How do you find out about the books you read?

As I mentioned before, I come across books that seem to capture my interest in book blogs, of course! I wouldn’t know where else to go, really.

Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?

If you’re thinking about starting one, just make sure you have the time to read and blog so that you can update every other day. It’s a really good idea to keep your blog active so that people won’t disappear on you. And the most important of all, have fun while blogging! I know this is the usual advice, but it's true! Don’t think of it as work that you absolutely must do. Think of it as an exciting hobby! That’ll keep you going.


You know what's coming next. Check out her blog and let her know here or there what you thought of it! :) Comments always make people happy!

Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com.


5 comments:

  1. Hooray! Thank you a bunch, Kristen! You rock for hosting the Weekend Spotlight.I really enjoyed doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J! We also migrated over from lj to blogger. :) It is a bit of a pain, but so worth it. Great interview girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the interview. What a great idea! Your new blog looks nice. If you like romance, J, have you checked out that new publisher Leap Books (www.leapbks.com)? They have 3 books coming out that all are based around romances and they look terrific. Also The Wild Rose Press has the Climbing Rose line of YA romances at http://twrpclimbingrose.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome interview! I like a bit of romance now and then too, although my main genre is....everything LOL

    Justine seems lovely, I can't wait to read more from her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Anonymous, for suggesting those sites! I'll be sure to check out some books from there :)

    And thank you everyone else! You guys are the best ;)

    Finally, thank you once again to Kristen! You're too cool.

    - J

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!