Announcements!





Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - Ruby Loves Adventure

Today I have with me an old blogger, but new book blogger! Ruby just started to focus on her books a few months ago and would love to share more of her book love with other bloggers. Check her out below.


Name:
Ruby E
Nickname and/or blog name: Ruby E (Ruby Loves Adventure)
Blog URL: http://rubylovesadventure.blogspot.com


Tell me a bit about yourself.
Gosh, I'm Ruby, and whilst I was having a quarter-life crisis, I finally realized what I wanted to do in my life =) So, after LONG hours of working, I needed an outlet to put out some of my thoughts, what I'm currently doing, and other stuff under the sun, I became my other persona, Ruby Loves Adventure.

When and why did you start your blog?
I first started my blog out in 2007 as some of my friends wanted to find out which concerts I've been to, where I've been, recommendations for books and telly shows: basically what I've been up to. So, instead of telling them all what I've been doing on Facebook, I decided to put up a blog and redirect them all there. It's better for all of them to just read all my adventures rather than me telling them over and over again, it gets boring after a while.


What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
At first, I've no clue what my blog would be all about. But then around 3-4 months ago, I realized I needed to focus more on book blogging since I'm more active in reading books rather than the other activities.
There's no particular blog feature that I have in my blog. I'm still a wee bit of a newbie on this [even though the blog has been up for 2 years now], so I'm still learning new things. Eventually, I hope I could think up of a cool feature soon. :)


What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
Anything historical -- I love them. That's how bit of a nerd I am. Then there are some times when I would just love to leave reality, so Fantasy/Paranormal comes as a close second. Aside from those two, I am not really that picky with any of the other books I want to read. As long as the synopsis is good for me, then the other reviews don't matter that much.


How do you find out about the books you read?
The bookstore at first. Then I started getting into the book blogging scene, so I'm getting to know more books through blogs. I try to find some books that were reviewed in my favourite blogs at the used bookstore too, which is more of a priority for me. :)


Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
For those starting a blog - make sure you just have fun with what you're doing. Don't think of it as some chore and feel pressured that you have to update everyday, update when you have time, and you have content that you want to share with the world. Please don't include the self-playing music playlist in your blog. Gah. It makes me jump when music comes out of nowhere!


Thank you Ruby for sharing more about your blog!


Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at dragonzgoil (at) gmail (dot) com.

3 comments:

  1. lol, I'm with Ruby on the music playing out of nowhere it is annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of her blog! I'm definately going to go check this out. :]

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!