Announcements!





Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Early to Death, Early to Rise
by Kim Harrison
Publication Date: May 12, 2010


Seventeen, dead, and in charge of heaven's dark angels—all itching to kill someone.

Madison Avery's dreams of ever fitting in at her new school died when she did. Especially since she was able to maintain the illusion of a body, deal with a pesky guardian angel, and oh yeah, bring the reaper who killed her to his untimely end. Not exactly in-crowd material. It's amazing that her crush, Josh, doesn't think she's totally nuts.

Now Madison has learned that she's the dark timekeeper, in charge of angels who follow the murky guidelines of fate. Never one to abide by the rules, she decides it's time for a major change to the system. With the help of some unlikely allies, Madison forms a rogue group of reapers who definitely don't adhere to the rules of the heavens.

But as she grapples with the terrifying new skills that come with being a timekeeper, Madison realizes she may not be prepared for what lies ahead—unless she gets some seriously divine intervention.

*Summary from HarperCollins

And I just love Kim Harrison.. cannot wait!!!



6 comments:

  1. This is the 2nd in the series right? I THINK I have the first one - need to look :) This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I need to read the first book in this series. I do like the concept of the protagonist being a reaper and am anxious to see how she shakes up the system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool choice.
    I didn't know another one was due out.

    Here is my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for this one too :-)
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Hadn't seen the first in the series before now, either. My pick actually came out two days ago here in Canada, but I just couldn't help highlighting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get around to doing this yesterday but what a great book to be waiting on. It is shaping up to be a great couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!