Announcements!





Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - The Book Vixen

Today I have with me an awesome older blogger whose blog I adore. She's fun and loves reading and you should get to know her more!

Name:
The Book Vixen
Nickname and/or blog name: The Book Vixen
Blog URL: http://www.thebookvixen.com/

The Book Vixen

Tell me a bit about yourself.
I'm a 30-year old wife and mom. I work full-time so I don't get in as much reading time as I'd like but I read at every opportunity I get. I'm addicted to chocolate. Seriously, if I don't get my daily dose, watch out!

When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog in August 2009. I didn't realize that there was a book blogging community until last year. Some of my friends read but they either don't read the genres I read or they read so freaking slow! One friend of mine takes a month to read a single book

What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
My blog is about books that interest me. I do book reviews, post book trailers (and movie trailers for book-to-movie adaptations). I participate in a couple of memes: Teaser Tuesdays and On My Wishlist. And I host giveaways from time to time.

I don't have any features of my own yet. I do have a idea for a feature brewing about in my head. It's great in theory, I just need to put into action. And this particular feature will strive only if I commit to it and I have commitment issues :/ I want to make sure I can keep up with it before I launch it.

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
I mainly read young adult and romance (contemporary and paranormal). I am a major YA junkie! I may be 30 but I'm 17 at heart ;)

I have been known to dabble in mystery, suspense and true crime from time to time. Very rarely, and I mean VERY RARELY, I'll read non-fiction but for the most part I stay away from it.

How do you find out about the books you read?
I mostly find books that I want to read on book blogs, either from reviews, WoW, On My Wishlist or new release posts.

Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Post. Comment. Tweet. You have to be on Twitter. Lots of good book talk goes on on Twitter!


Big thanks to The Book Vixen for stopping by! If you haven't seen her blog, you MUST check it out - it's awesome.

If you're interested in being a spotlighted blogger, please fill out this form.

2 comments:

Leave some love!