Announcements!





Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top Ten Reads of 2010

Well, here it is. I've look my list over, ordered my faves, took some away, put some back. Thought and thought and thought over it. And here it is. My top 10 reads of 2010! :)



10. Knightley Academy by Violet Harberdasher
Much like Harry Potter with the humor and adventure mixed all in one, only no magic.


9. The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
A space adventure by the incredible author/illustrator Tony DiTerlizzi, his books never fail to impress me.


8. Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
The second book in Michelle's marvelous series that is dark and just the type of book I needed to get me out of a reading rut towards the end of this year.


7. Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr
A gorgeous addition to Melissa Marr's wonderful series. Probably one of my favorite books in the actual series.


6. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
A fantastic new series that really surprised me by how awesome it was.



5. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Maria V. Snyder + Dystopian, do I have to say more? LOVE LOVE LOVE.


4. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
A great new start to a series parallel with the Percy Jackson world. Filled with adventure and a thick book that flew by way too fast. I can't wait for more!


3. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
I loved this one so much I read the sequel right away. Very epic and dark - just the way I like my fantasy fiction.



2. Reckless by Cornelia Funke
Probably my new favorite by Cornelia. Her books never stop amazing me. Fantastical and epic with characters you won't be able to forget.



1. Peter & Max: A Fables Novel by Bill Willingham
If you love the Fables graphic novels, you will love this book. A little more adult than I expected, but with a fantastic dark and epic nature to it that you also find in his graphic novels. The villainous Pied Piper is one to be feared most definitely.


Yes, my books are also guilty of having very lovely covers as well. :)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. So I've only read one of these, but great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get with it. I've only read one on this list but do have several of the others on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list - it makes me sad that I went through a reading funk in the fall. There are a few books on your list that I have, but never got to! Can't there be one more week in 2010??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got four of these on my shelves and have not read the others. Peter & Max, Wondla and Inside Out are on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!