Announcements!





Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Review: Princess for Hire

Title: Princess for Hire
Author: Lindsey Leavitt
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Pages: 240
Source: Library
Description:When a flawlessly dressed woman steps out of an iridescent bubble and wants to know, like, now if you'd like to become a substitute princess, do you:

a) run
b) faint
c) say yes!

For Desi Bascomb, who's been longing for a bit of glamour in her Idaho life, the choice is a definite c)--that is, once she can stop pinching herself. As her new agent, Meredith, explains, Desi has a rare magical ability: when she applies the ancient Egyptian formula "Royal Rouge," she can transform temporarily into the exact look-alike of any princess who needs her subbing services. Dream come true, right?

Well, Desi soon discovers that subbing involves a lot more than wearing a tiara and waving at cameras. Like, what do you do when a bullying older sister puts you on a heinous crash diet? Or when the tribal villagers gather to watch you perform a ceremonial dance you don't know? Or when a princess's conflicted sweetheart shows up to break things off--and you're sure she would want you to change his mind?

In this hilarious, winning debut, one girl's dream of glamour transforms into something bigger: the desire to make a positive impact. And an impact Desi makes, one royal fiasco at a time.

Thoughts: Princess for Hire wasn’t really what I expected. I wish Desi would have spent more time on each job. Instead when she would go in to “sub” for a princess she would be there for a scene or two, something crazy would happen and the job would be over.

I still enjoyed it. It was cute and funny. Desi went into each job wanting to leave an impact somehow on each princess. She was able to do this but also in return these changed her. She helped a princess be able to stand up to someone and it helped her to deal with someone in her life.

I am looking forward to reading the next book. I want to see how Desi grows both in her job and in her life. I want to see what will happen with her agent, Meredith. Meredith starts out a little harsh but by the end you get to see a different side to her.




post signature

5 comments:

  1. I could use something light and fun :) Thanks for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll pass on this one, it sounds too silly. Thanks for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized I said, like, the same thing as the person above me. -_-' Don't you hate it when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now my emoticon is cut in half. This is not my day, comment wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a light read. I'd never really looked at this book before. I might look into this one further :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!