Announcements!





Thursday, June 18, 2009

Raven


From Alison Van Diepen's website:

Zin dances with fire in every step, speaks with a honey-sweet voice, and sees with eyes that can peer into your soul. It's no wonder Nicole is madly in love with him. Their friendship is the only thing that saves her from the boredom of school and the turmoil of her family life. But she cannot understand why he keeps her at a distance, even though she can feel his soul reaching out for hers. Zin carries a very old secret. When Nicole uncovers the truth, her love may be the only thing that can save him from it.

I actually am struggling with how to describe this book. First off, it's one I couldn't put down. And although it kept me interested, there was a bit missing from it. I couldn't connect with the main character. Not always crucial, but it made me feel a little bit empty when I finished it.

But that's just me, so here's what I loved about it: the romance, the intrigue, the way it ended in a different way than usual, and the street-ness about it. I love the break dancing, though it definitely spared the violence that usual comes with it. What violence there was seemed to start and end just as quickly and had more to do with supernatural elements. I liked the different kind of paranormal - the way they had to survive. It made the book a bit darker, but more honest too.

I guess this book felt like it was over too fast. I wanted more.

4/5 Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!