Announcements!





Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Book Thief


The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak

I'll admit, I kept on putting off this review for one main reason. It's a reread for me. I know, everyone gasp - to reread a book these days with so many more coming out.. very unheard of.

So I'm going to keep this simple in review, so simple that I will use bullet points:
  • This book is amazing!
  • I love the unique narrator - Death
  • Plot: takes place in WWII, young girl named Liesel who obsesses over stealing books and her adventures in Nazi Germany is our main focus.
  • The character Max really kept you going in this book - a Jew who stayed in the basement of Liesel's house.
  • The pages of artwork/handmade story in the book were great.
  • In all the wrong going on, things seem somewhat right...
  • Great chapter titles/outline of things to come.
I really suggest reading this. For a regular synopsis, click the book picture and/or title. This book is so amazing, I can't write a normal review.

5/5 Roses

4 comments:

  1. I love The Book Thief. I can see why the review is different- it's so hard to describe and sum up the book. It's a book I think everyone should read...

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about this book! Thanks for blogging about it :) I'm more intrigued now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Thief is one of my favorite books of all time. I tell everyone to just go read it. That's all they need to know, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed The Book Thief too. It was a bit slower pace than my normal reads, but the prose is so well written and story so engaging it is hard not to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!