Announcements!





Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Maggie Stiefvater book signing!

I just came home from seeing Maggie Stiefvater at a local bookstore near where I work.


Maggie was great, a little slap happy, but every one was too shy to ask more than a few questions so she rambled on a bit about subjects related to the book.


First of all, I want to assure you that Grace will not be having twins (nonetheless alien babies) in Linger and that the name will NOT change to Litter. (I told you she was slap happy...).

My favorite part of the night was when she was asked how she came to write Shiver. She actually described it like getting a pimple. One day your face is all clear, then you start to feel something coming up and then it just comes out of nowhere and you have to do something about it. Maggie did elaborate to explain that she wanted to write a book that would make people cry after she had read the Time Traveler's Wife for the second time. The idea of werewolves came from a short story contest she decided to do randomly.

I now officially feel guilty for not having finished Shiver yet and not reading my copy of Ballad... Bad me!



It was really a lot of fun. I may be doing a giveaway... haven't quite decided on what it will include. So... stay tuned for that.

Tomorrow, I see Michelle Zink. :) I think this is my official author week... lol.

23 comments:

  1. How awesome! I'm hoping to go to a Scott Westerfeld signing next month (hopefully!).

    Oh my gosh, was that really a rumor (re: twins)? How funny,lol.

    Shiver is great, you'll love it when you do get to it.

    Thanks for sharing! I can't believe that's how she got the story rolling...inspiration hits you from anywhere I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like so much fun and Maggie sounds so great. It sounds like you have been to a couple of great signings lately.

    Oh and you have to finish Shiver. It is so great. I just loved it. And I really need to read Lament and Ballad. I just got my copy yesterday!

    Thanks for posting and sharing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky duck! I LOVE MAGGIE! She is one of the most amazing, generous people I know! If only she would come to my part of the world ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous, I wished kool authors would come in Montreal, quebec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a fun signing! I so wish I lived closer to the bookstores having the signings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cool, I was just there on Saturday for Philippa Gregory, they really do wonderful stuff, lucky you living so close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SOOOO jealous. No authors come to Sacramento, even though it is the capital stinkin city of California! They all go to San Francisco and LA!

    I'm reading Shiver right now and loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so lucky! Sounds like you had a great time. Not many authors visit where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you get to meet some great authors. We don't get anyone here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky! Seems like you have lots of fun! You are going to see her soon, arent you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG
    I am SO jealous I think my skin is taking on a greenish hue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm beyond jealous! Maggie hasn't come closer than 3+ hours from Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm beyond jealous! Maggie hasn't come closer than 3+ hours from Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maggie is all that and a bag of chips I love how much fun she has with her work! She can laugh at herself which I love! And yes you had better finish reading SHIVER its amazing and do you have a copy of Ballad? If you do I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Up until yesterday I didn't even know Shiver was a werewolf book! :) I will have to move it up on my TBR now. Sounds like an awesome book signing. Wish I had time to do more things like that...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky! I'd love to meet her, she is such a great writer and I love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like it was a great time!! I'm so jealous :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great opportunity! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww she sounds so sweet. And I love her description of how she got the idea for the book. I've never heard anyone describe writing a book to getting a pimple.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's awesome! I really want 2 meet me. She even told me she'd b in VA in early Oct. cause I told her I live in NC but I have no way of going :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's awesome! I would love to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  22. so jealous! =) lucky ducky! man that is so crazy how she described the idea of shiver like getting a pimple lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!