Announcements!





Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - Forgive My Fins


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




Forgive My Fins
by Tera Lynn Childs
Release Date: May 2010

Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush.

Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life.

When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.

Can you say AWESOME?

22 comments:

  1. I just read Oh.My.Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs and it was soooo good! This sounds great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this either! Mermaids! I love mermaids so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't wait to read this! I love, love, love the cover. PS- Nice menu bar! I really need to make on of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! Love the blue lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There just aren't enough books about mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound awesome. I haven't read a mermaid book yet. :) I love reading new things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely ready for some mermaid stories (refreshing break from vampires, fairies and werewolves...)! This one looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it just me or are mermaids the new vampires? I'm seeing them everywhere. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks good! I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We might have forgot to mention that we have an award for you at

    http://teensreadandwrite.blogspot.com/2009/09/spread-love-award.html

    Sorry if we were remiss but still want to spread the love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is waaaay beautiful!
    I have never read a book about mermaid.. maybe I should start with this =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors in this cover, it's all so gorgeous. I can't wait for this one! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait for this one. I loved Oh My Gods and I really want to read Goddess Boot Camp. And the cover for this one is so gorgeous. Great WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For some reason the blue lips really repeals me =/
    It will definately stop me from buying that book lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. A mermaid book, it sounds good. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not sure how I feel about mermaid books...maybe I'll wait for your review (if you read it) to decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cover to this. The only other mermaid book I can think of is by MJDavidson. YAy for original ideas. I think I need a break from vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cover of this book!! It's so pretty. When I initially read the description it made me think of this Disney movie I saw about a guy who was half human/half mermaid. This (thankfully) sounds much better than that was.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need 2 add this 2 my books I need 2 read list.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!