Announcements!





Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Spotlight - The Undercover Book Lover

Hello readers!

Welcome to the Sunday edition of my weekend Spotlights. Today, I have for you a newer blogger who is only a few months into blogging and is already clocking some serious hours (and love) into her blog. Take a gander before OR after the interview - enjoy!

Name: Reggie
Nickname and/or blog name: The Undercover Book Lover (Not Really)
Blog URL: http://theundercoverbooklover.blogspot.com



Tell me a bit about yourself.
I'm just a normal 14 year old who is totally book-obsessed. I have a dog named Fluffy (he's a pug and he isn't really fluffy). I like to read (duh!), write, play with my dog, and hang out with my family. My family doesn't really think I'm normal though...they think I'm nuts!

When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog at the beginning of July. I wanted to start it because I saw this other blog called A Garden of Books by Iryna (her blog is amazing). Her blog inspired me. I want to let people know how great books truly are!

What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
My blog is basically full of YA book reviews and the occasional adult fiction. There are two non-review-related features in my blog. One is The Weekly Pen and the other one is called Post-its. The Weekly Pen has poems, short stories, or articles written by me. Post-its are quotes from books that are noteworthy.

Do you have a review system? If you do, would you like to explain it for us?
My review system is kind of complicated. This is what it says on my blog:
I'm going to be changing my rating system a little bit. Instead of just having an A+ or a B- or something, I'm going to add ratings for specific aspects of a book.
Here's how I'm going to do it:

Originality: /10
Ending: /10
Characters: /10
Plot: /10
My reaction/enjoyment: /10
Theme: /10
Imagery: /10
Setting: /5
Voice: /5
Style and Tone: /10
Cover: /10
Total Score: /100

A+ = 95-100
A- = 90-94
A- = 85-89
B+ = 80-84
B = 75-79
B- = 70-74
C+ = 65-69
C = 60-64
C- = 55-59
D+ = 50-54
D = 45-49
D- = 40-44

I'm not going to add an 'F' to the list because no author ever deserves an 'F'.
Do you like it? Do you hate it? Give me some suggestions as to what you think of my new system.


Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Don't get discouraged! Even if nobody follows you, keep on bloggin'. For weeks, the only follower I had was my sister but I still maintained my blog. I thought of different ways to make my blog more exposed. Kristen, here, was awesome to give me a Saturday/Sunday Spotlight (Thanks Kristen!).

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
Currently, I'm still sticking to YA fiction but I LOVE Tom Clancy and John Grisham. My favorite books right now are Twenty Boy Summer, I Heart You, You Haunt Me, and Shrinking Violet. Such amazing authors!

Anything else you want to say:
Kristen ROCKZ!!! Oh, and a shoutout to all my followers! You guys rock too!!!

Thank you Reggie for sharing more about you and your awesome blog today! If you take a look at her blog, you can see she's really putting a lot of love into it and you guys should follow her. :) So go - shoo - look at her blog already! :-D

Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com.

16 comments:

  1. I like her review system a lot, I think it covers almost every aspect of a book.
    I'm going to check her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already following her! Had no idea she was so young! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reggie is awesome, I've been following her blog for awhile :-D

    Rock on for featuring her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview! I love Twenty Boy Summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot!! Love her blog! Everyone should check it out.

    Reggie, you are so AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am already a follower =)
    Like her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like her review system. Nice to see a young reader get into blogging. Books rule! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a follower of hers too and its nice to learn more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like her review system. It lets her followers know the reasoning behind the letter grade (awesome!!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm already a big fan of her blog--so well done it's hard not to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to blogland :) I'm off to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen Reggie around the blogsphere. It's nice to now know something about her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I loved Reggie's blog. And Reggie is so cool. Great choice for a spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm already a follower of her blog and I love it. Her rating system is so hardcore and in depth.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!