Announcements!





Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Spotlight - YA Book Queen

Alright, Sunday edition of my Spotlight weekends. Today we've got the Queen of YA books.. no really.. it's in her blog name. :-D Isn't it cute? If that doesn't catch you.. then read on - and if it does - read on as well!

Name:
Lea
Nickname: YABQ
Blog Name: YA Book Queen
About Me: I'm 18 and way too obsessed with reading. I love movies, quoting movies, music and so much more...
When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog July 14th, but it took me a couple weeks to get into it, and understand it. I wanted to start a blog because I really love reading, and I'm always hanging out on blogs like Meg Cabot's, Melissa Walker's, Sarah Dessen's and recently The Story Siren's (doesn't she have the coolest blog name? I'm so jealous!). Blogging about books is fun, especially if I can show some people books I love, and find out what one's they love. In all, I just love the idea of sharing books and author names that sound awesome, and learning a few more.

What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
My blog is about YA novels, but every now and then I can't help adding in little tidbits about my other obsessions, like the TV show Dexter. So far, I have refrained myself from just blabbing and blabbing about Dexter...I don't really have any cool features currently, but hopefully, eventually, I will.

Do you have a review system? If you do, would you like to explain it for us?
I don't have one set up currently, but I'm planning on it, and will make sure it's straightforward on my blog..
Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Just do it, and give it a chance. It's a little hard at first (still hard for me) to get used to it, get followers, and find your style, what makes you different. I'm constantly changing the layout of my page, trying to find a set up that suits me. It all takes time, but you might as well start it and learn. If you're ever confused, just take a peak at some blogs you love, or ask someone who's doing well with their blog for help. People on the YA Blogosphere are especially helpful, and I'm so grateful for it.
What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
I really love different genres/books for different reasons, but right now I'm loving futuristic novels, like The Hunger Games. I think my biggest weakness is anything fantasyish, something out there or wiccan. But then I also love books by Sarah Dessen, who's writing reflects life, and the struggles in it. I just love books in general! I can't decide!


Thank you Lea for sharing more about your blog with us today! Go on over and check her out.

Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com.

13 comments:

  1. Hello Lea, welcome to book blogging. I hope you enjoy your stay and that you will hang around for many years to come. (And yes, The Story Siren is an awesome name!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was already following her blog! Too bad her contest is open to US only =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lea!

    Awesome interview, the Story Siren is indeed an awesome name, plus Kristi is a fantastic blogger!

    Also, Kristin, one more follower until 400! Are you excited???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! Hehe I get the same problem as her, I didn't understand blogs =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hey! That's me!

    Thanks for the interview Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoo, hooo, I love meeting new bloggers. I have seen this one before, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great Spotlight.
    I wonder what it was about this summer that made so many people want to start blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I really like Lea's blog. Thanks for sharing it with us and I will definitely add her to my following list. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Kristi at the Story Siren too. I remember it was one of the first blogs I started following.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand where Lea's coming from. I just started a blog and I feel so confused sometimes. Taking a peak at other blogs, this one included, definitely helps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...off to go follow another blog...yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I luv that she has highlights & Lowlights in her book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love her blog. i'm now following her. i love how she does her reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!