Announcements!





Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Rotten Life

My Rotten Life
(Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie)
by David Lubar


Nathan isn't the coolest kid in the class - not even close. In fact, he was having a pretty bad day until he decides to look into his friend's crazy uncle's experimental Hurt-Be-Gone - only it accidentally gets poured all over him. There was one fatal error in the concoction - instead of using the corpus flower, he had used the corpse flower, and now, Nathan is slowly becoming undead - a zombie.

But life as a zombie isn't half bad. He doesn't need to use his lungs any more so gym class is no sweat. He can't feel any pain so if a bully hits him, what does he care? Nathan has to decide if it's worth taking the cure or not.


I really enjoyed this book - it had enough gross-ness to appeal to boys, a funny enough plot to appeal to boys and girls, and great themes - friendship, bullying, and what's important in life or undead.

The characters were interesting and the plot kept you turning the page. I almost expected the ending, just because it seemed to work out a little too perfectly to be the end of the first book.

Overall, a fantastic read - right in time for Halloween.

5/5 Roses



11 comments:

  1. That sounds cute!!! Perfect for my 7th graders.

    BTW - can't believe you're getting married in 5 days! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really fun read. I want it - and I'm 16!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to come across a book that could hold a guy's attention. Speaking mainly about my husband, I think the only book he's ever read in his ENTIRE life is Jaws! ***Dum-dum Dum-dum theme music begins to play***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. I think it is a very good book for fans of the Wimpy Kid series, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good for a "zombie" book (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun book that I will be on the lookout for reading. Besides, I will read a zombie book from any age range- love my zombies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a cute quick read, I'll have to check it out if ever I catch up on the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good read for Halloween! The cover is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds cute and funny. And it can be so hard getting boys to read, so it's nice to have something new in the arsenal. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a really cute one. I can think of some kids who would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!