Announcements!





Saturday, October 3, 2009

September in Review + Comment Contest Winners

Well, I said I was going to read more this month, but I failed. 9 books. I really am aiming to do better next month - promise.

Read and Reviewed:
Frogs & French Kisses by Sarah Mlynowski
Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
Emily & The Silent King by Irven Keppen
Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph
Willow by Julia Hoban
I, Coriander by Sally Gardner
On the Jellicoe Road by Marina Marchetta

Read, still not reviewed:
Sleeping Beauty by Martin Powell (graphic novel)
Little Red Riding Hood Takes Charge by Tony Bradman

I will review those this week.. hopefully. :)

Also, I attended some book signings last month!
Julia Hoban - author of Willow
Maggie Stiefvater - author of Lament, Shiver, and Ballad
Michelle Zink - author of Prophecy of the Sisters

I attended an awesome YA conference which I still need to post about (someone remind me please? Or just kick me on twitter... @bookgoil)

This conference was so awesome and I was inspired by Ellen Hopkins to do a kick off post about banned books week.

In September I held some awesome contests. One of which ended - the September Comment Contest.

First for some bad news - I won't be running another comment contest until probably December. October is hectic with the wedding and November with moving. So December it will be. Look forward to that. I may also have a bigger pot if I don't contest off some of the books I read between now and then.

So, I picked three winners, two of which I've heard back from already.

What was in the pot you ask?

Crash Into Me (ARC)
Emily & The Silent King
Benny & Shrimp
Dragon Spear (ARC)
Shrinking Violet
When the Whistle Blows (signed ARC)
ghostgirl Homecoming (ARC)
Defining Twilight
The Other Side: A Teen's Guide to Ghost Hunting and the Paranormal
Anastasia's Secret (ARC)

Yes, I know I haven't reviewed some of those and two were actually duplicates that I forgot I had. Since I only read so many books last month AND some were audio... well, yeah. I struggled to come up with 10 titles.

So, winners have been contacted. They are:

1. Raspberry from Two and a Half Book Lovers
2. BrittLit from Reading Nook
3. Llehn

I had to laugh a bit because two of the numbers were selected from my TBR Pile post. Which I had 40 comments on.. because well, let's just say, if you haven't seen it. You need to. The count came to about 200 books. Yeah.. seriously... Who needs to lock herself in a room and read for the next year? Me! Then I may get to all of those...

So, you all are again reminded about how I am very much insane. :)

Well, three weeks until the big wedding day. Then I have to do a bunch of paperwork to take on a new name and then.. we get to move. But woot for a fireplace and a built in bookshelf next to it to accomodate some of my TBR books and hopefully entice me to read read read.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats winners!
    I am totally jealous of the fireplace and the built in shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    The next months are going to be epic.. and just 3 weeks and you will be married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're disappointed because you only read nine books? That would be an epic month for me, so guess it's all a matter of perspective! *L*

    Congrats on the awesome apartment! And remember that no matter what, enjoy the wedding and don't sweat the small stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winner!
    Don't worry about *only* reading 9 books - silly girl :)
    I hope you have a great October and November - a wedding and a move - with more book space to look forward to - oh, and your wonderful husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whooooo!! You had a great month, as always. I can't wait to hear about the YA conference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously don't know how you manage to read all those books, blog and still plan for your upcoming nuptials! I would be running around like a headless chicken already!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!