Announcements!





Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Other Side: A Teen's Guide to Ghost Hunting and the Paranormal

The Other Side: A Teen's Guide to Ghost Hunting and the Paranormal
by Marley Gibson, Patrick Burns, and Dave Schrader


The Other Side is a teen nonfiction book that guides you through what it takes to become a ghost hunter and all that is involved. There are three authors in this book, one of which is Marley Gibson - the author of the Ghost Huntress series. In the book, it is discussed how to set up a team for ghost hunting, what equipment is involved and how to use it, as well as where to look for spirits.

I loved that this book really told you how it was. Ghost hunting is NOT going to make you famous. It's hard work and little play. You have to be responsible or you'll get in trouble with the ghost hunting community and even the law. There's a lot about safety in the book, including a bit of different protections to use while ghost hunting.

I learned a lot about what is involved in ghost hunting and how it could be quite a time and energy consuming hobby - not one that is all fun and games. For anyone interested in the subject, this would be a great book to read, especially around Halloween.

5/5 Roses

6 comments:

  1. you asked on twitter about the amazon widget, I think it's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book seems good.. and I'm sure the tips and advices to be a good ghost hunter are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... there's actually a handbook for ghosthunting?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to read about it but now sure about trying it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple years ago, some people in my town did a ghost hunt on someone's property. I can't remember whose, or why that was such a hotspot, but there was an ridiculous over-the-top article in the paper about it. I really need to dig it out.
    I loved this: "You have to be responsible or you'll get in trouble with the ghost hunting community and even the law." I just had this mental image of renegade ghost hunters being shunned by the rest of the community. It sounds like a scary movie spoof. Good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally like this book. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!