Announcements!





Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


Shiver
by Maggie Stiefvater

Grace has been fascinated with the wolves near her home since she was attacked by them as a child. Especially the yellow-eyed wolf who saved her - her wolf. While she's always known there is more to the wolves, it is not until Sam is shot as a wolf and turned back into a human too close to winter, that Grace has proof of the truth.

Grace and Sam have a connection years old, one that starts to flame as they spend every moment together. Sam knows his time as a human is fading fast, that he may never change again once he's a wolf that winter. Will Grace just let Sam go that easily? Or is there a way she can save him so they can be together forever?

I absolutely loved this book. There was a passion between Sam and Grace that would not have made sense - but told from both of their perspectives in alternating chapters, it simply works. I'm really looking forward to the next book because this one ended so open-ended. I had so many questions and emotions by the end of the book that I simply crave more of Sam and Grace's story.

A definite 5/5 Roses.




12 comments:

  1. Just put a hold on it at my library and there are 18 other holds already so this is a very popular book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. It was great and I can't wait for Linger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's already a title for the sequel? *noticed Jessica's comment* 5/5? wowza. :D

    how's poison study? and beautiful creatures? *keeps noticing all the books!* xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too! The language is Oh So Beautiful! Maggie Stiefvater is a genius! (Geeking out and having a fan girl moment!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for LINGER... Stiefvater continues to impress me! :) Now I want to reread it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shiver is in my TBR pile. Cannot wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this one too. I can't wait for the second one. Everyone seems to be reviewing this today. Yours is the third one I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to love this more than I did love it (I thought the characters were flat -- except Sam -- and some things needed development) but that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will read more by her. I think she shows great potential as a writer, even if she's not quite there yet, for me.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Werewolves!! This is the next book I will read.. it's good you liked it!
    I really like the cover..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was the best werewolf story I've every read. Maggie is such a talented writer! I'd like to read her other stuff now too.
    Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked this book too. It was a good romance and a fun read! :-) I thoroughly enjoyed your review.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!