Announcements!





Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - The Cinderella Society


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



The Cinderella Society
by Kay Cassidy
Release date: April 13, 2010

From Kay's website:

When the Prom Queen becomes your fairy godmother…

Sixteen year old outsider, Jess Parker, gets the chance of a lifetime: an invitation to join a secret girl power society dedicated to defeating the mean girls of the world. The Cinderella Society guides all new recruits through its top secret ultimate life makeover. It’s all part of preparing them to face down the Wickeds and win. Determined not to let the Cindys down, Jess dives in with a passion. Finally, a chance to belong and show the world what she’s made of.

… be careful what you wish for.

Jess’s transformation wins her the heart of her dream crush and a shot at uber-popularity. Until the Wickeds–led by Jess’s arch enemy–begin targeting innocent girls in their war against the Cindys, and Jess discovers the real force behind her exclusive society. It’s a high stakes battle of good vs. evil, and the Cindys in power need Jess on special assignment. When the mission threatens to destroy her dream life come true, Jess is forced to choose between living a fairy tale and honoring the Sisterhood… and herself.

What’s a girl to do when the glass slipper fits, but she doesn’t want to wear it anymore?


I absolutely love chatting with Kay on her blog and on Twitter @KayCassidy - she's GREAT! I met her at ALA and can't wait to read her debut!

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED this book! It's definitely worth the wait. I'm going to have to post my review just as soon as my twitter contest is done!

    You will really love this one for sure!

    BTW, Your post is doing awesome!

    Lots of Love,
    Amy
    x0xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is on my wishlist! It sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many good things about this book! Thanks for reminding me.

    Here's mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound like an intriguing twist to the Cinderella story.

    My "Waiting for Wednesday" is over at http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kristen, get your bathing suit because you've been SPLASHED by The FIrst Novels Club! Come see your award:)
    http://firstnovelsclub.blogspot.com/2009/10/our-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I scored this ARC on bookmooch, I can't wait to read it, but I haev a few books to read before onvember1st so blah =/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the twist plot this book seems to have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this book looks really good. And I love the last line "What’s a girl to do when the glass slipper fits, but she doesn’t want to wear it anymore?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't wait to read this one either. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omigosh! i have this one on my tbr list! :D it sounds awesome! ohhh and i see ur reading shiver! me too =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh! This looks SO good! I can't wait until it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for WOWing The Cinderella Society, Kristen! You are always so sweet. :-) Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!