Announcements!





Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - The Bookologist

I want to welcome a cool new blogger who actually got into blogging because of her sister (how cool is that?). So, a big round of applause and welcome to YA Book Reviews.


Name: The Bookologist
Nickname and/or blog name: The Bookologist
Blog URL: http://the-bookologist.blogspot.com/

Tell me a bit about yourself.
I love to read, swim, play badminton, and blogging. I'm a very funny, friendly, and happy person. You also should know I'm a hyper person (well sometimes) and I love making friends. I love blogging and reading the most and I guess that's it! :)

When and why did you start your blog?
I started blogging about 3 months ago (July 30, 09). I started my blog because I wanted to share my opinion about my books and a lot of blogs out there had inspired me to start one.

What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
My blog is obviously a book review blog and I also have contests, author interviews, etc... I also participate for the IMM, and I also hold a new meme/post called "Tuesday's Chatter," it's where I interview new bloggers like what you are doing right now!

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
Some genres I like to read is Drama, Adventure, Angst, Paranormal, and lots more. Books is a really tough question. I'd have to say Prophecy Of The Sisters by Michelle Zink, Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph, and JINX by Margaret Wild, The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong, Coffeeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors. But that changes sometimes!

How do you find out about the books you read?
That's a good question. I mostly find the books I read from all other book blogs. I love looking at each and every blog. Looking at their opinion and point of view of the book, if majority says it's a good book then I sure will read it at some point.

Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Hmmm.... I think that be creative is a good advice. Do whatever you want to do. That's what matters. Be creative, don't be shy to start something new. Also for reviews, make sure it has something interesting or something a reader would want to read in your blog. And, don't fill up your posts with memes, it's a filler! You should have a variety of things in your blog to make it likeable!

Thanks for interviewing me Kristen!

How cool that both her and her sister love books! I wish my sisters would get with it.. seriously, couldn't ONE of the two read? *sighs* But, I have inherited two sisters-in-law who are teens that read, which is rockin'!

A little ramble-y right now, but please check out this awesome blog and her sister's as well. They're both awesome new bloggers and will definitely be sticking around for a while. :)

Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at dragonzgoil (at) gmail (dot) com.

7 comments:

  1. Nice interview! I like BOTH your blogs!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview!

    You and your sister both have awesome blogs :)

    I really need to get my sister to start blogging too! *schemes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good interview! Welcome to the Blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bookologist's blog! Also love Reggie's blog as well!

    :-)


    Rockin' interview :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hrmmm...I can't seem to get The Bookologist's blog URL link to work! Just thought I'd let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get the link to work either. Great interview! We really got a good sense of her reading preferences. Fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice interview. I wish my sister would lvoe books as much as I do too, but we cant all be booklovers!!! I love both of your blogs.
    Chioma

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!