Announcements!





Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - A Passion for Books

Today I have with me a very special person who I chat with all the time on Twitter. She's very passionate about books, as you can tell from her blog name. If you haven't heard of her yet, you'll find out more about her here. :)

Name:
Casey
Nickname and/or blog name:
A Passion for Books
Blog URL:
http://casey62588.blogspot.com/



Tell me a bit about yourself.
I’m 21 and an avid reader. I have a passion for young adult novels in particular. I’m currently going to college to be a registered nurse.

When and why did you start your blog?

I started my blog July of this year. Before I would follow blogs because I liked reading the book reviews and author interviews. I love to find new authors to read. After I finish a book, I usually have all these thoughts running through my head, so I started my blog to get them out and share them with others.


What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?

Basically right now, it’s just reviews because I’m still new and all. In the future, I would like to have author interviews and even host contests. Who doesn’t love contests!? I do post contests that I find around the blogging community on my sidebar. I have an upcoming list of books coming out this year, which I plan to do every year because it helps me keep track of what’s coming out. I have a “Cover of the Week” where I post a cover that I like. A book’s cover is usually what catches my eye if I haven’t heard of or read a book by an author.


What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?

I like just about any genre. I enjoy anything paranormal, supernatural, or fantasy. I also enjoy reading more realistic stories because not always is there a happy ending to life. My favorite book is PERFECT CHEMISTRY!! That book was amazing.

How do you find out about the books you read?

A little bit of everything. If I have read a book by an author and really enjoyed it then I look upcoming books by them. I get on amazon.com (yes, I am another crazy amazon lover) and they usually have great recommendations for books. I go to the bookstore, or library, and just look around. Friends and family recommend certain books. I found a lot of great books from the blogs I follow. Also, Waiting on Wednesday is a great help with discovering upcoming books.

Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?

Go for it and Have fun with it! It will be slow in the beginning but eventually it will pick up. You just have to get your name out there and promote you blog. Twitter, Facebook, Myspace are all great ways to promote your blog. Also commenting on other blogs. I always read every comment and check out their blogs too. Remember I’m still new to this too, but this is what has worked for me so far.


And Casey really does have a rockin' blog! Go check it out and leave her a comment!


Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com.


5 comments:

  1. woa....i'm a new blogger but my blog is not all about books actually... i love reading books n that's y i visit your blog n of course casey will be one of my favorite bloggers too... thanky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview, I just found her blog today actually, how weird! :) I keep hearing great things about Perfect Chemistry - I just added it to my want to buy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent interview! I'm off to take a peek at Casey's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been visiting Casey's blog for a while now and love it. Great to get to know you a bit more Casey, and I hear ya about Amazon - it's the 1-Click button that kills me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!