Announcements!





Saturday, January 2, 2010

Review: Escape from the Island of Aquarius

Title: Escape from the Island of Aquarius (The Cooper Kids Adventure Series #2)
Author: Frank E. Peretti
Publisher: Crossway
Pages: 160
Age Level: 9 – 12

Book Source: personally owned
Overall Rating:






Synopsis: A cry for help from a sinking island…

A rescue mission leads Jay and Lila Cooper to a doomed South Sea island where nothing is as they expected. Instead of a primitive civilization, the Coopers encounter a busy colony with a mysterious leader claiming to be Adam MacKenzie, a missionary once presumed dead. To add to the confusion, someone seems to have pushed the island’s self-destruct button. Earthquakes and erosion are tearing the island apart, and every moment is precious in the Coopers’ search for the real Adam MacKenzie.

Book 1 review

My Thoughts: I liked this one better than the first in the series. It didn’t take as long for me to get pulled into this one. I couldn’t put this one down. It took me about five hours to read it. I had planned on just reading a little and going to bed but it is now 2:30 in the morning.

Frank Peretti is a Christian author so that is always evident in his writing. With his adult books it can be subtle with someone learning a lesson of some kind but with this series Dr. Cooper and his two children Jay and Lila travel together in archeological investigations. They use their beliefs to discount the legends that brought them there in the first place. So in this series it will plainly say where something is found in the Bible that they are talking about. I always learn something myself.

In this one they travel to an island in search for someone and end up trying to save the whole island. I love Frank’s writing because I can always picture things in my mind while I am reading it. It is very easily done and makes me wish that they would do a series of movies for these books. It is just enough description for you to imagine things and it doesn’t over do it to where you get bored. Between book 1 and this one, book 2, this one is my favorite. I would recommend reading it or passing it along to someone in the age range listed above.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!