Announcements!





Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - Yay! Reads

Today I have another teen blogger whose blog is already looking really fantastic even though she only starting blogging in September!

Name: Patty
Nickname and/or blog name: Yay! Reads
Blog URL: http://yayreads.blogspot.com



Tell me a bit about yourself.
I am fifteen years old (sixteen in two months!) and I am fascinated by history, politics, and art. I love reading and the pleasure it gives me to discover unknown worlds. I've experienced so much from reading, I think it has made me a ver mature, open minded person.

I am also a writer. I just finished my second book and I am revising my first. My ultimate goal is to have a book published by the time I'm 18. I want to write books for a living because I want to create the same kind of magic with words and influence people the same way books have influenced me.


When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog by the end of September 2009. I did it because I love discussing books with my friends but none of them read the same books that I do so instead I though, "Hey, let's share it with the world!" I love talking about characters, I think they are my favorite aspects of a story.

What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
My blog, as the title suggests, is all about books that make you go Yay! I have a cool feature called Two For Tuesday which basically is giving a short review of two books on the same day. I also have Blog Of The Week. Every week, Mr. Randomizer picks a blog from my list which I'll post about. You can sign up by going to my site and filling out the form.

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
I read everything! I love everything that can make me laugh/cry/scream in horror. I love dark books like 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher, fantasies like The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray and Harry Potter, the romance in any Nicholas Spark's book, and the humor in a Meg Cabot book.

How do you find out about the books you read?
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a cover whore. If I see the cover of a book and I love it, I'll read the back. Usually, before getting into the blogging community, I would go to Borders and check out like nine books at a time. Now, I know all about new books thanks to my fellow bloggers. I have so many on my wishlist, it's scary.

Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
I'd say to just have fun with it! When you love doing something, you have fun. Going into this, I didn't look for the free books, I looked for being able to share my passion. If you do it for free books or other reasons, you'll never truly enjoy it.


Thank you Patty for stopping by today! I really like the feel of her blog and I hope you guys will too!

Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at dragonzgoil (at) gmail (dot) com.

5 comments:

  1. Great feature! I'm heading over to her blog now, and I'll tell her you sent me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love her book taste and SHE LIKES POLITICS TOO? *follows* Sounds like a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen, I love the interview you had with Patty. I went over and ck'd out her blog. I really like it. Both of you have great reviews on your blogs. I love YA so even if I am older than YA.LOL I still love to read your blogs. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interview - you've already written 2 books, that's crazy. I will definitely check out your blog! Hope you're reading something right now that makes you go Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've already written 2 books?! That's a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!