Announcements!





Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Princess of Glass


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Princess of Glass
by Jessica Day George
Release Date: May 25, 2010



The engrossing companion novel to Princess of the Midnight Ball, with a wicked twist on Cinderella.

Hoping to escape the troubles in her kingdom, Princess Poppy reluctantly agrees to take part in a royal exchange program, whereby young princes and princesses travel to each other’s countries in the name of better political alliances—and potential marriages. It’s got the makings of a fairy tale—until a hapless servant named Eleanor is tricked by a vengeful fairy godmother into competing with Poppy for the eligible prince. Ballgowns, cinders, and enchanted glass slippers fly in this romantic and action-packed happily-ever-after quest from an author with a flair for embroidering tales in her own delightful way.

*Description from goodreads.com


Just love fairy tale retellings!

13 comments:

  1. This book sounds like a fun read.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Princess of the Midnight Ball so hopefully this one will be just as good. Sounds like there might even be a catfight in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this one before unfortunately. Cinderella retelling you say? Must read it now. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun! I'll be looking out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read retellings before. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful cover. I like the soft colours. Some dress too. HAppy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only fiary tale retelling I've read is Ash and I loved it. So I'm going to give more of them a chance :)

    I gave you an award http://blackteensread2.blogspot.com/2010/01/waiting-on-wednesday-finding-my-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a huge fan of Jessica Day George. I'll have to put this one on my wishlist. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick...thanks for participating!

    Be sure to re-visit my blog and post your link on this week's WoW (I saw that you had posted on an earlier one), so that everyone visiting today can see your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, that's definitely a fierce cover, and honestly who doesn't love fairy-tale retellings!


    Excellent WOW Kristen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Princess of Glass is a very good novel of Jessica Day George. I already read this novel.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds really interesting... (adds another title to the TBR Pile) LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!