Announcements!





Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - YSPrincess's Ideas, Resources, and Reviews

Today I have a fantastic blogger whose blog will stun you. It is very very awesome. She's a librarian like me and well, what can I say - love librarians who blog!

Name: Elisabeth Marie
Nickname and/or blog name: YSPrincess's Ideas, Resources, and Reviews
Blog URL: http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com


Tell me a bit about yourself.
Generally I tell people I'm boring, but then I realized I have yet to meet anyone else who has backpacked the Grand canyon rim to rim, who has spent over 10 years in Girl Scouts and received the Gold Award, or who can lick their elbow! Apart from those random facts, I have worked at a library since I was 16. I work with infants through teens in the Children's department. I'm currently getting my Bachelors at FSU (online), and plan on continuing to get my Masters in Library & Information Science. I used to enjoy scrapbooking, until I spent every day for two weeks straight putting together an entire (and overstuffed at that) scrapbook for an anniversary present. I'm hoping by the time I have my own kids, I'm up for it (scrapbooking) again. ;) My favorite place (that I've been thus far) in the world is Walt Disney World. People at work call me Disney Princess, and it's not just the parks - I have yet to meet someone who can beat me at Disney SceneIt.


When and why did you start your blog?

I started my blog back in January of '09, two months after I started working at my current library when I found out that the previous summer all employees had been required to start a blog for training purposes. However, I didn't start keeping my blog updated until this past November. That's why I consider myself a "new-ish" blogger.



What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?

My blog is not just about books, but rather all things I think someone working in a Children's/Youth Services department of a library might find useful (or any youth advocate, for that matter). This includes but is not limited to: reviews of helpful websites, [kids'] games and other products, book/audiobook reviews, ideas for storytimes and other special programs, and even occasional resources for personal use and/or other bloggers. As soon as I get pictures of the Ribbon Rings I made (courtesy of the creativity of Make & Takes - www.makeandtakes.com), I will begin a craft section, as well.



What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?


I rarely read adult books unless it has been turned into a movie that I saw and liked (although I did read Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code before they were movies), so my "genres" are YA and below. I don't like reading "preppy" books, or whatever you would call series' like Gossip Girl, A-List, Clique, etc. Some of my favorite books are The Shack by William P Young, the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (I read this one before it was a movie too), and A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks.


How do you find out about the books you read?

I have many different ways I find books to read. I confess that I read most books because they had a title I find interesting, or a cover I find attractive. Of course, I'm always open to suggestions from others, and I even have a few titles on my "to-read" list from book bloggers!


Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?

Well, I basically infringe copyright everyday with my life motto of "just do it", so I would say the same for those who are thinking about starting a blog. Why not do it? If you try it and don't like it, no one will make you continue (if someone tries, you should probably contact law enforcement). Writing is always a great exercise, and can be a stress reliever, too. To those who have already started blogging I can only say make connections. Be there for others and they will be there for you. And of course, good luck!


Thank you Elisabeth for stopping by and sharing your fantastic blog! If she gets 50 followers, she'll be holding a contest - so if you like what you see, make sure to follow!

Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at dragonzgoil (at) gmail (dot) com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!