Announcements!





Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break Reading Challenge Activity 9

Spring Break Reading Challenge

For this activity, I'm going to discuss my favorite type of genre. I love paranormal/fantasy books. I've been trying to branch out and read a little more realistic and historical fiction, but I always revert back to the paranormal fantasy. I'd say my obsession started with His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman in middle school and grew quite a bit when I started reading the Alanna quartet by Tamora Pierce when I was 19. Now it seems like every other book I read (or at least want to read) is in this genre.

I'm really looking forward to Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison. I just love sinking into a good series.

5 comments:

  1. There are so many great series for YA these days if you are a lover of the paranormal. Tamora Pierce is great for the younger kids. I still buy, read and add her books to my home library as well as my school libraries. P.C and Kristin Cast and Rochelle Mead have major following too. And L.J. Smith and Lynne Ewing and Cassandra Clare and... There are just so many great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim Harrison is another author that I am interested in reading also. I recently won a copy of Black Magic Sanction and I am waiting for it to come to me. I am fairly new to the paranormal/fantasy genre, so I have a lot of authors I want to start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this genre, too, although I read lots of realistic and historical fiction, too.
    One series that doesn't get mentioned as much is Kathleen Duey's Sacred Hunger and Sacred Scars. I can't wait for the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love paranormal/fantasy as well. If you havne't read them yet, Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore are great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a fan of paranormal/fantasy and can't wait for the next Kim Harrison HOLLOWS installment.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!