Announcements!





Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Spotlight - The Book Whisperer

Today I have a fun British book lover who is new to book blogging, but already loves it!

Name: Boof

Nickname and/or blog name: The Book Whisperer
Tell me a bit about yourself.
I'm British and a bookaholic. I do have a day job too (unfortunately - I'd much rather be curled up with a good book). Some of the things I love: books, cats, thunder, lakes, wolves, mountains, candles, chocolate, my bed, weekends, blueberries, the cinema, tigers, coffee, holidays, bubble baths......

When and why did you start your blog?
I'm a newbie to the blogging world. I only started it in December but I'm on there all the time and I've had lots of visitors and comments already which is just great. I've had so much fun setting it up and visiting other blogs for inspiration and to check out the latest books that I just have to have right now! I had no idea that there is such a fantastic book blogging community. I'm starting to get to know some lovely people who all share my passion for books.

What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
Books, books and more books! I am a massive bookaholic and devour most genres. I set up my blog to start transferring some of my book reviews over (I have been reviewing on Amazon for about 6 years and Goodreads for two) and already I am hosting giveaways and author interviews. I just love the whole thing. I plan to star vlogging soon too (when I feel brave enough to share my mug with the world!) and I have a few other ideas up my sleeve that I plan to start soon too. Watch this space!

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
I love most books. I read anything from YA to the classics, from fantasy to historical fiction, from travelogues to paranormal. I go through phases of reading loads of books in that genre and then moving on. Recently I seem to have read a lot of YA books (I think that is because I have come across so many great YA blogs and I keep finding so many books I want to read! - You guys are costing me a fortune, LOL). Some of my all-time favourite authors are Charlotte Bronte, John Fowles, Mary Higgins Clark, Sophie Kinsella, Enid Blyton but I come across new authors all the time that I keep adding to my list.


How do you find out about the books you read?
I am really active on both Goodreads and Amazon and I belong to groups where there are always great suggestions about what to read next. I have discovered some amazing books that I would not normally have picked up through recommendation. I also now spend a lot of time looking at other blogs which are such a mine of information on what's coming up. There are so many good books, I don't know how I'm going to get time to read them all.


Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Do it, but only if you have a real passion for your subject. It takes a lot of time to keep a blog up to date but if you love what you're writing about then it's such good fun. There's nothing better than reading a blog written by someone who is clearly in love with what they're writing about.


Thank you Boof for stopping by today and sharing more about you and your blog!


Are you a new blogger too? Or just getting back into the swing of blogging? Do you want to be featured on my blog? Shoot me an email at dragonzgoil (at) gmail (dot) com.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for my Sunday Spotlight, Kristen!

    Boof x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice interview! Well, I'm off to check out this new blog.

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exhilarated to learn that one of your favorite authors is Enid Blyton. In fact, as a child, Enid Blyton used to be one of my favorite writers. Thus, as a result of my enthusiasm for Enid Blyton and her books, I decided to publish a book on her, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.bbotw.com).
    Stephen Isabirye

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!