Announcements!





Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey's Readathon: Once Upon a Reading Mini-Challenge


Sheila from BookJourney is hosting this awesome mini-challenge which involves taking ten books titles and embedding them in a story 3-4 paragraphs long.

My titles are in bold:

My eyes ached as the First Light of the morning shone through the window. It had been a Whisper that had awoken me, that I was sure. The silence that followed felt Everlasting, like a Shadow fading into the light of the morning sun. I had been Up All Night, but I knew that I wasn't imagining the sound that had brought me from my dreams.

I sat up, gazing around me and that when I saw her - the Dead Witch Walking towards me. Or at least she looked dead to my eyes - a Beautiful Dead, but dead nonetheless. When I looked closer, I could see that there was something liquid coming out of her eyes and that's when I really thought things had gone astray - not only was this witch dead but she was Bleeding Violet tears.

"What..." but before I could get any words out, she said, "Hush, Hush". The words were Silent Echoes, ones in my head. I put my hand to my head and shut my eyes, willing the weirdness away. When I opened them again, she had vanished. "WTF!"

3 comments:

  1. Great story. I did this challenge too. I had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! Hope readathon is going well for you. I am a cheerleader for A-C but came here to read your mini-story. So I'll cheer you on too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!