Announcements!





Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - Storywings

Today I have another international blogger with me - one from Australia! StoryWings is a great blog and I love reading Amanda's reviews. Check her out below!

Name:
Amanda-Lee
Nickname and/or blog name: StoryWings
Blog URL: storywings.blogspot.com




Tell me a bit about yourself.
Basically, I am and 18 year old Aussie Chick who absolutely adores reading. I am three years into a four year accounting diploma and by day work in a hardware shop as an accounts person.

I read whenever I get the chance, and am writing when I'm not reading. In the car are my favourite places to read and write.


When and why did you start your blog?
I started Storywings, back when it was The Storyteller in August 2009, it was originally a writing blog that flopped severely after only 2 weeks of existence. In January 2010 Storywings was revamped and turned into a Book review blog after my love of obsessive reading returned in October 2009. Not just one book every now and then, but a book a day and a constant inflow of new material.


What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
My blog is about providing as much interesting information about the books I love as possible. I am eclectic in the way I read, and I will also pick up a book purely because of its cover. I have three of my own reading challenges that I'm running, the Paranormal Reading Challenge, The Impossible Reading Challenge and the Stand Alone Book (SAB) reading challenge.

For the last couple of months it has been a constant flow of contests, all of my contests are international because I hate reading about a good contest only to realize I can't enter it.


What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
Currently my blog has been featuring a lot of PNR, YA, UF and Thriller. Just because that is what I'm currently into.

I don't really stalk authors (except Jeaniene Frost - I LOVE YOU), and I really couldn't name many off the top of my head purely because I read what catches my eye.

I read a lot of series so I will list my favourite series so far:
Night Huntress Series (Cat&Bones)
Vampire Academy
Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries
Liveship Trader Series
Twilight << I hate admitting it to people, but I do love the books

And then there are three of my all time favourite books:
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


How do you find out about the books you read?
Mainly through other book bloggers, I keep track of the books I read through my own blog and through Shelfari where I have also found a lot of the books I want to read.

Also when I'm out and about, shopping, I actually hate walking into book stores, because I can never ever find what I want.


Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
For any kind of blog, make sure you have the time, to post and keep up with what you're starting.
Also make sure that you always have a stockpile of material. If I'm posting a lot of reviews, I don't post meme's because it's too much clutter, but if i haven't had time to write reviews then i will fall back on the meme's. This isn't always the best or most professional strategy but it works for me.
Start a blog for the right reasons as well. When I started reviewing books in January I just did it because I loved reading and I wanted to share my thoughts, but I have heard of people who start blogging just to get free books, if that is why you want to blog, I suggest you stop before you even start.


Thank you Amanda-Lee for stopping by today, what great advice! I totally agree that you should blog because you love blogging/reading/etc. Make sure to check out her blog today and leave her some comment love!

If you're interested in being a spotlighted blogger, please fill out this form.

4 comments:

  1. Story Wings sounds like an interesting blog. Thanks for interviewing her, I am off to check her out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for the feature hun!

    really appreciate it, i have found so many new blogs through your interviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She loves Going Too Far!! It is definitely one of the best books ever.

    I've been to her blog before and it is so great. I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!