Announcements!





Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Spotlight - The Life (and lies) of an inanimate flying object

Today I have a blogger with me that is another great blogger and I must say I love the title of her blog. It really stands out. Learn more about Haleyknitz below!

Name: Haleyknitz
Nickname and/or blog name: The Life (and lies) of an inanimate flying object
Blog URL: http://haleymathiot.blogspot.com


The Life (and lies) of an inanimate flying object


Tell me a bit about yourself.
I'm a bookaholic (like the rest of us) and spend my time reading, writing, riding my bike, sewing, knitting, designing websites and blog layouts, and dancing ballet.


When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog in 2006. But something funky happened to it in 2009 and I couldn't post to it. I cleared it out completely (deleted everything!!) and started over, and it was just getting into book reviewing at the time (thanks to Pulse It, a social networking site by Simon and Schuster for teens), so made a book blog. I still post all my other random stuff (as any loyal follower will tell you) with my book stuff.


What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
I blog about books, politics, religion, school, random stuff, knitting stuff, and everything else.


What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
Romance, Crime thrillers, YA, Historical Fiction, Christian fiction... geez I'll read almost anything.


How do you find out about the books you read?
Book Blogs Ning!!! and I'm on the Sourcebooks mailing list. I also follow a lot of book blogs, review with Pump Up Your Book, and keep track of everything on goodreads (I love goodreads!).


Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Yes! One thing I learned (the hard way) is that if you see a chance to review something and you think you'd like it, but your TBR shelf is building up... don't request it. It's ok, it'll still be there six months from now. Books only ever get less expensive, you're not missing an opportunity by not accepting a book review request. Don't. Get. Backed. Up.

Also--the likelihood of getting ARCs is so slim, never count on it. Consider it a dessert, like a treat once in a while. It's not a regular thing. I don't know why some people think that once you start a book blog you just start getting ARCs in the mail. Because you don't. And that's ok, because reading is fun regardless of how the book is bound.

I actually did a whole post on beginners tips for starting a blog, if you'd like me to send you the link.


Contest Alert!
Haley is currently running 6 or more contests. Just follow the link to her blog above and they are right at the top of her blog!


Thank you Haley for stopping by today and make sure to check out her stupendous blog! I'll also have a guest review up by Haley later today - so stay tuned for that!

If you're interested in being a spotlighted blogger, please fill out this form.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for highlighting Haley. I have visited her blog but I would like to get her tips for beginners on blogs. Will go visit and request this. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, I have checked out the blog and it is very interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!