Announcements!





Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Firelight


Author: Sophie Jordan
Publication Date: September 7, 2010
Genre: YA Fantasy
Copy provided by: Traveling ARC Tours
Summary (via Goodreads):

With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

Why I read this: Dragons, romance, and a YA Debut? Definitely couldn't keep away from this novel!

Plot: Jacinda's mother takes her and her sister away from the Draki pride they've grow up with to protect Jacinda from a future that will bring her more harm than good. Her mother's idea is to kill the Draki within her so that they will be safe - something she did herself after her husband died. Forced to remain in human form, Jacinda must assimilate into a high school with her sister Tamra - who never manifested and remained human. To Tamra, her wish has come true - she can be normal and live among humans. Jacinda loves her family but doesn't want to lose her Draki self. And then Will becomes a part of her life - a hunter of dragons - and just being near him sparks and enlivens the draki inside her. He seems to regret his family's sport of killing dragons, but does that mean Jacinda can trust him with her secret?

Filled with romance and danger, Firelight is a book you won't want to miss.

Characters: Jacinda is such an interesting character. She knows that she cannot lose her Draki side, but loves her family too much to be able to go against their wishes. She's reasonable and smart and definitely sees past to what she has to do. Will is definitely different from his evil cousins, but has to act tough to keep up with the facade. Also, he is totally drool-worthy. :)

Relatability: This novel resonates of the theme of realizing who you truly are. I think anyone can relate to trying to iron out their own identity.

Cover Commentary: It's gorgeous. Definitely one I want on my shelf.

Rating: 5/5 Roses


Buy it on Amazon*
Find it on Goodreads



*If you buy this book on Amazon through the link above, I will receive a small portion of the sales.

7 comments:

  1. I really like the cover on that one! The book itself looks good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this one from BEA. Can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw the cover of this, I was intrigued and after reading reviews of it, it made my list of "to-reads."

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the wonderful review! this book is waiting for me on my shelf and i can't wait to read it. your review makes me all the more excited for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really been wanting to read this one! I love the cover. Glad to hear it was so good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!