Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - The Bodacious Pen

Today I have with me an awesome blogger who is an aspiring writer! I love the feel of her blog and I hope you guys take a moment to get to know Tara a little more below!

Name: Tara
Nickname and/or blog name: The Bodacious Pen
Blog URL:

Tell me a bit about yourself.
I'm a thirty-something aspiring author. I spend most of my time writing, reading and taking care of my husband, our adorably wee home and our three cats.

When and why did you start your blog?
I've been a blogger since 2000, but I started The Bodacious Pen in March of this year. I wasn't sure if I wanted to, as there are so many book blogs out there, but I'm so glad I did. I have found a wonderful community of book bloggers and aspiring authors through my blog!

What is your blog all about? Any cool features you want to share?
My blog is a bit different than the average book review blog, because in addition to reviewing and talking about books, I also talk about writing, and my work towards getting published. I also talk a bit about my personal life, and offer the occasional blog advice post.

What are some of your favorite genres and/or books currently?
Most of what I read is YA! I also read middle grade, sci-fi, horror, general adult fiction and chick lit. I do the occasional non-fiction review, mostly writing resource or advice books.

How do you find out about the books you read?
I'd say 95% through book bloggers, and the other 5% from looking around a book store or the library.

Any tips or advice for those starting or thinking about starting a blog?
Blog because you love it, not for free books or anything like that. Think a bit about the design of your blog as well, there are a lot of free or inexpensive blog templates out there that will make your blog stand out!

Thank you Tara for stopping by today!

If you're interested in being a spotlighted blogger, please fill out this form.


  1. Thanks for these interviews which introduce another blogger.

  2. I always love seeing who we have! Thanks for sharing!!


Leave some love!