Announcements!





Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life Musings

I had no idea what to title this. If you think it's going to be anything book-related, you can tune out now if you want.

So, I had a weird day and decided to kick my butt into gear. School is starting up next week, which means 10 or more hour days and less time to dilly-dally. Also, my goal of losing weight this summer has sucked. I'm still the same weight as at the beginning and something needs to change. So, diet - check, and exercise -check.

While walking back from our little gym down the road tonight, my husband said "You should take a sabbatical from your blog" and I was like heck no. My biggest downfall this summer has been facebook games and I told him "I'll just stop with the facebook games". I don't spend a ton of time (like not half my day or anything insane) but that extra hour or two wasted on games is just not worth it. Not when my health could be at risk. I am at the heaviest I've ever ever been - probably 60 lbs heavier than I was in high school and I was not anywhere close to thin in high school as it was.

So, blogging will not be on haitus, but it may be slower around here than it has been. But I need to get my act together. I'll do what I did during school this past year and blog mostly on weekends. Heck, my computer may get a little dusty during the week - who cares.

And how did this come all about? I saw a picture from last night at a book signing and was like... really? That's me... and then we were at the gym working out and eating 3 servings of vegetables at dinner tonight cause the hubster is also chunking out.

So. That's my little rant. I'm sticking to making a better life for me. So, if I'm not on twitter much or on Google Chat.. I'm not dead.. just the opposite - leading a healthier life. :)

17 comments:

  1. You Go Girl!! Seriously, as an educator we live stressful lives and you have to do what is best for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you enjoy it - i know when i go on a health kick it seems hard @ first but then i get really into it and feel much better.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently had almost the exact same experience when I saw a photo of myself at a book-signing and thought "When did every camera angle become unflattering?" I want to love my book-signing photos with authors I adore, but lately I would like to crop myself out of them because I am so much heavier than I want to be. Good for you for committing to making healthy choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to make healthy choices! Glad to hear you're doing the best thing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it, lady! Best of luck, and if you lose a certain amount, or meet a healthy goal, you should reward yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Kristen! I'm proud of you... and you've reminded me how I need to be more conscious of my "real" life and weight as well. Sometimes I get so distracted by what's going on online and in books that I ignore everything else... I WISH we lived closer to one another! We could SO be gym/walking buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to start a new school year. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All good choices! As teachers it is so easy to use summer to sit and read and blog. And my butt is proof of this! I had the same revelation as you on Sunday. I think with school starting up things naturally get better because we're on our feet way more. good luck with getting healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck sweetie. Sounds like you're doing the right thing (exercising and choosing blogging over Facebook). *high five*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! I'm in a similar place, both my husband and I are at our heaviest, and getting healthy is taking a priority over everything else! Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the diet and exercise. I really need to get & do some exercise, but I always seem to have some excuse. I did manage a 3 mile walk the other day (and it's hard going walking around here as it's all hills), but that's not really enough in a week, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the diet and exercise. Just keep a picture in your mind of how you want to look, slim, medium or same. Get a pic of yourself when smaller size and keep on your bathroom mirror to remind you of your goal. This will motivate you to keep the diet and exercise going.
    What ever you do, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you, Kristen! I've kind of had to do a little bit of the same, since school is starting back up. Good luck to both of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! I'm doing the same thing myself so good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The best of luck to you Kristen!!! I know how you feel :(
    Hey, can I use your motivation to motivate me into losing weight? That would be awesome :)

    No worries :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!