Announcements!





Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review: Spray


Author: Harry Edge
Publication Date: December 7, 2010
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
Copy provided by: Publisher
Summary (via Goodreads):

A group of teens sign up for an assassination game on the streets of a big city. Their weapons: pressurized water guns. It’s meant to be a game, a sport. But for some, it’s more than harmless fun. To win, they’ll use any means necessary.

Two hundred players. Three weeks of tense cat-and-mouse action. Every stalker is being stalked and only one player will be left standing. No one will be the same.

Through multiple points of view, Harry Edge puts readers right in the middle of the action—watch your back!

Why I read this: I was sent this as an ARC and it seemed like an intriguing concept.

Plot: I loved the pace of this novel. The different characters you encounter and the way the book is written really makes it fast-paced and interesting. I love the different takes on the game. I also really didn't see the overarching plot come out until halfway through the novel. I think that itself really pulled the novel together. Definitely an interesting novel.

Characters: The multiple points of view in this novel really make it unique. You get to see into the eyes of some of the different players, why they're playing and what they hope to gain from it. It's also interesting to piece parts of the plot together when different events occur - thanks to these different character view points.

Relatability: A fun novel that I think presents an interesting look at city-wide games and how serious they can become.

Cover Commentary: Not my favorite, but it's alright.

Rating: 4/5 Roses


Buy it on Amazon*
Find it on Goodreads



*If you buy this book on Amazon through the link above, I will receive a small portion of the sales.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I have never heard of the book or the author before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be good for a quick read. Thanks@

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on a YA ban but I think this will be one I pick up when that ban is over. I've been fascinated by the game since I first heard about it so a book that explores people taking it too far is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!