So, I thought it would be fun to have you guys answer some fun library questions! Just answer in the comments if you feel compelled to do so!
1. When did you start going to the library and why?
2. How often do you go to the public library? How many books/items do you check out on average a month?
3. What's your favorite part about going to the library?
4. Do you go to any events at the library? Which ones?
5. What changes do you think needs to be made to your library?
6. Share a favorite library moment (if you have one).
And here are my answers:
1. I don't remember a time when I didn't go to the library. I'm sure I was really little when we were going. My most memorable time was in middle school. I worked my way through all the Nancy Drew books I could find. I spent long hot summers (before we had AC) at the library reading. It slacked off in high school though and I didn't start raiding the library again until I was 19 and actually working at my public library.
2. I go to the public library at least twice a month, sometimes more - depends. Lately, I've only been taking out a handful of audiobooks, but for the YA Book Battle I raided the library and came home with 30 books this month.
3. I love the shelf-checkout at my library. *total geek* I also just love browsing the new books and finding something I didn't go there specifically for.
4. I haven't gone to any events, although I just learned there's a 20-30 yr old book club and am considering going to that.
5. I want a cafe in my library, I won't lie. I've seen libraries with them and I'd love to get an espresso or coffee while I'm browsing.
6. I had a great library moment the other day. I came in for a handful of holds (half the shelf ..eep) and the library clerk smiled at me and said, "I was wondering who would be coming for all those holds" and we ended up chatting about books. My other favorite moment is when I first moved to this new library district - one of my first trips, I met another woman my age who loves reading YA like I do and we chattered on about YA and blogs for a good few minutes, until the line got long.. :)
I just love libraries. :)